Monday, April 7, 2008

MRI's and Ankle's


Well I got a MRI done on my ankle on the 31st of March and I got the results today. By the way MRI's are not that bad except for holding still the was torture. So I had to sit at the Doctor's office for about an hour before they even talked to me (that sucked). Then I finally met the actual doctor this time and not just his P.A who was very nice. The doc looked over my MRI's and said I have a subtalar coalition which pretty much I have 1 bone where there should be 2. Which wouldn't be a problem except they haven't totally fused so it is still trying to move. So now I have two options I can get orthopedic shoe-SCARY- or I can have surgery on it. Tony and I have opted for the latter. With the shoe's the doc said I would get about 50% relief from the pain, but with the surgery I should get about 90% which I like a lot better. Plus he said no one really has regrets about getting the surgery. I will lose a little bit of mobility in it, but not much more than what I already have, so I am not too worried about that. The only thing is work, we are a little short handed but hopefully they will work with me. Well thats all I have to report right now and hopefully I can get the surgery soon.

No comments: